Water Purifying Plant
Country: Dominican Republic
Location: El Tamarindo 2, Los Alcarizos
Partner: Faro de Luz Church
Beneficiaries: 3,500 people.
Status: In Management
Clean water is important in the communities where we work.
This project includes the installation of a filter system, training of personnel and operation of a water processing plant.
The community of El Tamarindo 2 lacks a reliable drinking water system. The water supply arrives every 15 days, so all families buy purified water that usually has these difficulties: High price, poor quality and long distance.
In addition, the community has a high unemployment rate, with several sources of crime and poverty.
1. Provide the community with purified water at low cost.
2. Create employment for 3 people in the community.
3. Provides the local church with a tool for community improvement and evangelistic outreach.
4. Create income to be able to invest in other projects of the church, community and organization.
5. Aim for its sustainability.
1. Cirtern construction with a capacity of 35000 gallons of water.
2. Survey on the real need for water.
3. Part of the funds already raised or promised.
4. Staff ready to work.
1. Construction of filter system.
2. Training of operators.
3. Business plan.
4. Operating permits.
Similar project 516 Now built in the past:
1. Mini aqueduct by pump in Palacaguina, Nicaragua. Beneficiaries 950 people. 100 % Sustainable and community operated. Developed with the local mayor and Viera Water Network
2. Installation of Mobile Water Filtration Systems in Palacaguina and Matagalpa. Beneficiaries 250 people.
Donate Today and be part of the change.